Deep Fried Turkey Safety for Saline, Cooper, & Lafayette Counties
Deep frying the turkey this year? Sounds delicious! Be careful this holiday season.
It is that time of the year again when family and friends come together for a feast. The highlighted dish for Thanksgiving is centered on the turkey. There are several ways to cook a turkey, but a favorite among some is deep fried.
If you plan on deep frying a turkey this year, please keep the following tips in mind. SERVPRO® of Marshall would like everyone to have a safe holiday with their family and friends.
- Thaw and Dry turkey completely before cooking.
- Thaw the turkey in the refrigerator approximately 24 hours for every 5 pounds, according to The National Turkey Federation.
- Ice or water that mixes can cause flare-ups
- Fryer Setup
- Use fryer outdoors and away from decks, garages, home, and other structures.
- Keep children and pets away from fryer
- Use on a flat surface to avoid accidental tipping
- Tank and burner should be 2 feet apart
- Measure the Oil
- Avoid overfilling by reading the manufacturer’s instructions
- Be Prepared
- Use oven mitts to protect hands and/or arms
- Safety goggles to protect eyes
- Have a grease-rated fire extinguisher nearby and ready
- Finishing Act
- Remove pot from burner and place on level surface
- Allow oil to cool overnight before disposing
Most importantly NEVER leave fryers unattended. Please be careful this holiday season and share these tips with your friends and family that enjoy fried turkey.
If you do become a victim of a deep-fryer fire, SERVPRO® of Marshall is here to help. We service Saline, Cooper, and Lafayette counties and are available 24/7/365 days a year. View our fire damage emergency tips to help minimize the damage to your home.
October is Fire Prevention Month – Every Second Counts
Developing and practicing a fire escape plan can increase your chance of survival in the event of a fire. Photo provided by NFPA.org.
Every second counts during a fire. In just a matter of moments, a small flame can turn into a major fire. Be prepared and have a fire escape plan in place, to increase your chance of survival. The best way to be prepared is having a fire escape plan and working smoke detectors in place.
The National Fire Protection Association designates one week in October to focus on fire prevention. This year, it begins on Sunday, October 8th and ends on Saturday, October 14th. Their theme this year is “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!”
Fire Escape Planning Tips:
- Draw map of your home
- Consider escape ladders for sleeping areas on upper levels
- Choose an outside meeting place
- Teach children how to escape on their own
- Practice your fire escape plan during the day and at night
SERVPRO® of Marshall wants you to stay safe. If your home or business suffers fire or smoke damage in Saline, Cooper, or Lafayette counties, contact SERVPRO® of Marshall to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
*Tips provided by National Fire Protection Association, nfpa.org.
Is Your Business Prepared for an Emergency?
Be prepared for a flood or fire damage in Saline, Cooper, or Lafayette counties with an Emergency Ready Profile.
National Preparedness Month is the perfect time to develop a readiness plan for your business in Saline, Cooper, and Lafayette counties. SERVPRO of Marshall is here to help you get a plan in place for free!
Advantages of the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile
- A no-cost assessment of your facility.
- A concise profile document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, and priority contact information.
Schedule and ERP
SERVPRO of Marshall can put together an Emergency Ready Profile for your business for free. There are no contracts or obligations, we just want to help your business. Preparation is key for making it through any size disaster. Schedule an appointment today with SERVPRO of Marshall by calling 660-886-5194.
For Immediate Service in Cooper, Lafayette and Saline Counties, Call SERVPRO
Cooper, Lafayette, or Saline county Residents: We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Marshall provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Cooper, Lafayette, and Saline Counties. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 660-886-5194
Whether your Cooper, Lafayette, or Saline county home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Cooper, Lafayette, or Saline County commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
IICRC Certified Firm
We are an IICRC Certified Firm
SERVPRO of Marshall is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
• Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
• Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
• Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
• Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
• Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops The Standards For The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Marshall
SERVPRO of Marshall specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Are You Ready for a Disaster?
An emergency plan in the palm of your hand.
It is important to be prepared for a disaster before it occurs. 50% of businesses may never reopen following a disaster. The majority of the businesses that survive had a preparedness plan in place.
SERVPRO® of Marshall knows how important it is for a business to have minimal interruption and an immediate plan of action. The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile® is a quick reference of vital building and contact information. It contains the information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services.
The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile® Advantages:
- Access emergency plan through smart phone, tablet, and internet.
- Guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Call SERVPRO® of Marshall to get started and know you are “Ready for whatever happens.” 660-886-5194
Saline, Cooper, & Lafayette Counties 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Marshall provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration service in Saline, Cooper, & Lafayette Counties.
SERVPRO of Marshall is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - 660-886-5194
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Marshall has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
About SERVPRO of Marshall
SERVPRO of Marshall specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
When Storms or Floods hit Saline, Cooper, & Lafayette Counties, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in Saline,Cooper, and Lafayette Counties.
SERVPRO of Marshall specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost to your property.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Saline, Cooper, and Lafayette Counties, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States. We are here to help!
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 660-886-5194